The Steps to a New Home
Buying a new home can be a daunting task and every house hunting journey is different, especially if you are a first time home buyer. FCB Banks is here to help! We’ve broken the home buying process into smaller, more manageable steps. By following these steps and working closely with your loan officer, you can make your real estate dreams come true.
- Set up an appointment with your FCB Banks Loan Officer. We will help you determine how much house you can afford and which mortgage option is best for you.
- If you’re a first time home buyer, you can set up an appointment with a ClearPoint Credit Counselor for some more information about the financial responsibilities of buying a home.
Research, research, research
- Start researching homes and find a realtor who specializes in your desired area. Determine what features are “must haves” and what you could live without.
- Once you’re preapproved and have found a realtor you trust, it’s time for the fun part – house shopping! The perfect house for you could be just around the corner.
Place an offer
- You’ve found the perfect place! Use your preapproval letter to place an offer on your future home. (If it's been longer than 60 days since your preapproval, you'll need to get reapproved before you can place your offer.)
Application and underwriting
- Contact your loan officer to officially apply for your mortgage. Once your application is in our hands, our hardworking team of local underwriters will begin assessing your mortgage.
Get the keys
- Your closing date will usually be around 30-60 days after your offer was accepted. Once you’ve officially closed on the house, you’ll have the keys in hand! Now it’s time for the heavy lifting (literally).